Lateral and Boundary Data (LBC data) are one of the needed component for LAM forecast.
During the common Operational suite in Prague LBC data from global model ARPEGE were transfered to Prague. First, via EQUANT lines (till the beginning of year 2000) and after that via RMDCN lines. With the end of common Operational suite almost all ALADIN centers in LACE community start with retrieving of LBC data from global model ARPEGE on LACE domain.
Characteristics of LACE coupling domain from global model ARPEGE:
- resolution 20.7 km,
- size of domain 139x124 (150x135) points,
- corners SW(1.83,33.67), NE(39.79,55.78).
The telecommunication access :
- by line access to MF Toulouse (RMDCN lines, Internet lines).
Curent status with Retrieval of data in RC LACE Countries:
- in Austria via Internet from MF and RMDCN line from ECMWF (backup)
- in Croatia via Internet from MF and RMDCN line from ECMWF (backup)
- in Czech Republic via RMDCN from MF and Internet line from MF (backup)
- in Hungary via Internet from MF and RMDCN line from ECMWF (backup)
- in Romania via Internet from MF (no back-up)
- in Slovakia via Internet from MF and Internet from ZAMG (backup)
- in Slovenia via Internet from MF and RMDCN line from ECMWF (backup)